Top 10 Reasons to Plant a Tree:
1. Trees combat climate change by absorbing carbon dioxide.
2. In one year an acre of mature trees can provide enough oxygen for 18 people.
3. Trees clean the air by absorbing odors and pollutant gases.
4. Trees provide shade to cool homes and streets. Trees can cut summer air conditioning needs by 50%.
5. Trees reduce heating bills by slowing harsh winter winds.
6. Shade trees reduce the amount of water needed for lawns and other plants.
7. Trees help prevent soil erosion and pollution of water in streams and lakes by reducing run-off.
8. Trees provide food for humans and wildlife.
9. Trees provide shelter for birds and other wildlife.
10. Studies have shown that trees in yards and parks provide a sense of well-being and help reduce stress.
What will you do this year to protect the planet?