proper plant care + tips
Our knowledgable staff is always here to help. We've gathered our best tips for keeping your plants healthy and vibrant. Please do not hesitate to contact our nursery for more detailed planting or watering instructions.
how to plant
Balled and Burlap
- Dig hole 2.5 times the width of the ball.
- Set top of root ball slightly about the ground level, leaving burlap and wiring intact.
- Cut any strings wrapped around the trunk.
- Pull back or cut the top layer of burlap to edge of root ball.
- Combine planting mix and soil, fill to ground level. Surround with a 2 -inch soil mound. Pack soil gently but firmly.
Potted Trees, Shrubs, and Perennials
- Dig hole 3 times the width of the container.
- Set top of root ball slightly above the ground level.
- Combine planting mix and soil, fill to ground level. Surround with a 2-inch soil mound. Pack soil gently but firmly.
- Water soil to settle. Add more soil as needed; water again.
- Add a half inch layer of mulch.
General watering instructions
Water 2-3 times per week in the spring through August
Starting in September, water 1-2 times per week
Give plants about an inch of water when watering, we must have 1" of rain for it to count as a watering